Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
The Chuvash Wikipedia (Chuvash: Чăваш Википедийĕ) is the Chuvash language edition of Wikipedia. It was founded on November 22, 2004. Its 5,000th article was created in January 2007. On October 1, 2019, it passed the 42,140 article mark.
Difficult issues are resolved through the Arbitration Committee, which handles content disputes, blocks users or prohibits certain users from editing articles on certain topics. Administrators (currently 2) are elected through a vote; administrators who have become inactive (i.e. have not used administrative tools, such as "delete" or "block" buttons, at least 25 times in six months) may lose their privileges by an Arbitration Committee decision.
The Chuvash Wikipedia was created on November 22, 2004. Jimmy Wales used it at Wikimania 2009 as an example of the value of Wikipedia for the languages on the verge of extinction.
- On December 16, 2004, the main page was created.
- On March 9, 2006, the 2,000th article was created.
- On August 22, 2006, the 4,000th article was created.
- On November 22, 2006, the 4,500th article was created.
- In January 2007, the 5,000th article was created.
- In September 2007, the 6,000th article was created.
- On January 14, 2008, the 7,000th article was created.
- On July 17, 2008, the 8,000th article was created.
- On April 6, 2009, the 10,000th article was created.
- On February 13, 2010, the 11,000th article was created.
- On October 4, 2010, the 11,451st article was created.
- On August 31, 2011, the 13,000th article was created.
- On October 6, 2012, the 14,000th article (firm train "Chuvashia") was created.
- On December 3, 2013, the 20,000th article was created.
- On August 1, 2014, the 30,000th article was created.
- On March 3, 2016, the 34,100th article was created.
- On November, 11, 2016, the 36,000th article was created.
- On March, 28, 2017, the 39,000th article was created.
- Source: Нумай каçăллă категорисем
- Chuvash National Movement
- Chuvash national radio
- List of Chuvashes
- Society for the study of the native land
- Chuvash National Congress
Date of last edit: 2021-01-29T12:58:03.000Z